Rockbridge Regional Library, located at 138 S. Main Street in Lexington, is now a passport acceptance facility. Call 540-463-4324 to make an appointment.
For more information, visit Travel.State.Gov
ITEMS NEEDED TO PROCESS A PASSPORT:
1. Renewals: Request by mail only using form DS-82.
- Visit Travel.State.Gov to print form and review requirements
- New applications: Completed form DS-11; Visit Travel.State.Gov to print form and review requirements
- Fill out forms in black ink only. DO NOT SIGN.
2. Evidence of U.S. citizenship and a photocopy of the document. For examples of acceptable citizenship documents, visit travel.state.gov
- Acceptable documents include original birth certificate or Passport Book
- If submitting a passport book with an application for a person under age 16, the original birth certificate must also be submitted.
3. Photo ID and photocopy of photo ID (may include one of the following):
- Fully valid U.S. Driver’s license. If no Virginia driver’s license, bring an additional, acceptable photo ID.
- Fully valid, undamaged U.S. Passport (may be expired)
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- Government employee ID (city, county or state)
- U.S. Military ID
- Valid foreign Passport
For examples of acceptable primary, secondary or supplemental ID’s, visit travel.state.gov
4. Passport photo (available from CVS Pharmacy or Walmart)
5. Application fee: check or money order to Department of State
- Passport book:
- Age 16 and over: $110.00
- Under age 16: $80.00
- Passport card:
- Age 16 and over: $30.00
- Under age 16: $15.00
- Expedite fee (optional): $60.00 (for passport book only):
- Overnight delivery for book return (optional): $16.48
6. Execution fee: cash, check or money order made payable to Rockbridge Regional Library in the amount of $35.00 for processing each passport application. For Express Mail, add $18.06. (Express Mail is not required for Expedited Processing.)