Rockbridge Regional Library, located at 138 S. Main Street in Lexington, is a passport acceptance facility with passport agents certified by the U.S. Department of State.
Applicants may contact the library to schedule an appointment to apply for a new passport, or to ask questions about other passport related issues, such as renewals, name changes, or documents required for various applications or forms.
For more information, visit Travel.State.Gov
ITEMS NEEDED TO PROCESS A PASSPORT:
1. Renewals: Request by mail only using form DS-82.
- Visit Travel.State.Gov to print form and review requirements
- New applications: Completed form DS-11; Visit Travel.State.Gov to review requirements and print form. Please print DS-11 form one-sided only.
- Fill out forms in black ink only. DO NOT SIGN.
2. Evidence of U.S. citizenship and a photocopy of the document. For examples of acceptable citizenship documents, visit travel.state.gov
- Acceptable documents include original birth certificate or Passport Book
- If submitting a passport book with an application for a person under age 16, the original birth certificate must also be submitted.
3. Photo ID and photocopy of photo ID (may include one of the following):
- Fully valid U.S. Driver’s license. If no Virginia driver’s license, bring an additional, acceptable photo ID.
- Fully valid, undamaged U.S. Passport (may be expired)
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- Government employee ID (city, county or state)
- U.S. Military ID
- Valid foreign Passport
For examples of acceptable primary, secondary or supplemental ID’s, visit travel.state.gov
4. Passport photo (available from CVS Pharmacy or Walmart)
5. Application fee: check or money order to Department of State
- Passport book:
- Age 16 and over: $110.00
- Under age 16: $80.00
- Passport card:
- Age 16 and over: $30.00
- Under age 16: $15.00
- Expedite fee (optional): $60.00 (for passport book only):
- Overnight delivery for book return (optional): $17.56
6. Execution fee: cash, check or money order made payable to Rockbridge Regional Library in the amount of $35.00 for processing each passport application. For Express Mail, add $18.40. (Express Mail is not required for Expedited Processing.)