LIBRARY CARD REGISTRATION
- Local residents or non-residents may receive free library cards renewable every 3 years.
- Non-resident students may receive a free library card renewable every 3 years.
- All patrons must register in person with identification.
- Children under 18 are registered as juveniles. Patrons 18 years of age and older are considered adults.
- A parent’s signature is required for children under 18 to register; the parent’s card should be in good standing.
- Applicants over 16 should provide proof of current local address using one of the following forms of identification:
- Driver’s license
- Utility bill
- School ID
- Check or bank book
- Patron must give a street address or rural route and box number if using a PO Box for mailing address.
- Non-resident students must provide their local and permanent addresses.
- New patrons may borrow 2 items upon registration. When those items are returned, the patron is automatically upgraded to normal patron status.
ONLINE LIBRARY ACCOUNT
- Patrons may log onto their online account at www.rrlib.net, using their library card number and PIN (by default, the last 4 digits of their library card number)
- Patrons may place holds, renew materials, and pay fines from their online account.
- Patrons may change their PIN on their online account.
- Patrons may save searches and book lists on their online account.
- Patrons may set up RSS feeds to their saved searches.
CHECKING OUT LIBRARY MATERIALS
- Books and Audiobooks circulate for 4 weeks and can be renewed once.
- New books circulate for 2 weeks and can be renewed once.
- New audiobooks circulate for 2 weeks and cannot be renewed.
- Video tapes and DVDs circulate for 7 days with 1 renewal.
- All items eligible for renewal will be automatically renewed one time on their due date. Items will not be renewed if there are holds pending.
- Some limits have been placed on new DVDs, CDs, children’s holiday material and Preschool Resource Room materials. Go to the bottom of this page for a listing of material limits.
- When checking out you must use your own card.
- Patrons are responsible for anything that is checked out on their card.
- Parents (or guardians) are responsible for charges and materials on their child(ren)’s card(s).
PLACING HOLDS AND RENEWALS
(Online, telephone, and in person)
- There is no charge for holds.
- Holds expire 7 days after person has been notified that the material is available.
- Patrons may place a hold or renew materials in person, over the phone with library staff, on the OPAC or at home on their personal computer. The identification number is the barcode on the patron’s library card, and the PIN number is the last 4 digits of that number by default. You can change your PIN number at the Circulation or Reference desks or online. Some materials cannot be renewed.
- All books and magazines are $.10 per day.
- All non-book materials are $.50 per day.
- Maximum fine per item is $5.00.
- Maximum fine for a stack of books returned at the circulation desk at the same time, and paid for when returned, is $20.00.
LOST OR DAMAGED MATERIALS
- Cost of the item
- Audio cassettes $7.00 per cassette.
- Compact discs $10.00 per disc.
- Lost magazine $5.00 or the price of the magazine.
- If the fines and/or replacement costs on a patron’s card exceeds $3.00, the computer system will automatically BLOCK the patron’s record.
- If patron’s card is blocked because of excessive fines, the patron may have the block removed by paying enough to get their account under $3.00.
OTHER LIBRARY CHARGES
- Lost Card $1.00.
- Lost or damaged Bar Code $1.00.
- Returned checks $25.00.
RETURNING LIBRARY MATERIALS
- Patrons may return materials to any Rockbridge Regional Library branch.
- Fines are automatically calculated and stored by the automated computer system at the time of check-in.
- Library materials placed in a book depository after the library has closed will be checked in as of the last day the library was open.
- Each location has a book drop for materials to be returned when the library is closed. If an item is marked “Do not return in Bookdrop”, the item will have a grace period of 1 day, so that the item can be returned inside the library the following day.
UNIQUE MANAGEMENT COLLECTION AGENCY
Accounts with amounts totaling $25 or more for 55 days will be turned over to our collection agency, Unique Management, and incur a $10 non-refundable fee.
DETAILS OF LIMITED MATERIALS
|Material type||Item limit||Duration (days)||Renewals|
|Books on CD, PlayAways, MP3s||3||28d||1|
|New Books on CD||1||14d||1|
|Juvenile Christmas books||10||28d||1|
|Juvenile other holiday books||5||28d||1|
|Juvenile PRR kits (branches)||1||7d||1|
|Juvenile PRR1 kits||1||28d||1|
|Juvenile PRR2 kits||2||28d||1|